December 15, 2009

Day 9 Twelve of Twelve- Bye Bye Baby

“On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Nine Ladies Dancing.“

PastedGraphic6.wo0Tu95RRHR2.jpg

We were told today that we are being kicked out of our studio. We have had endless issues with our landlord right from the beginning, today we were told we had to leave by December 31st. We are holding out hope that he will change his mind. I feel so terrible, so helpless, so filled with want for revenge against this man for choosing money over people. I KNOW revenge will not not serve me or anyone else, but it sure seems appealing in this moment. If we really do have to leave at the end of December, we will continue our work, just not in this studio. What a blow. I may never get to dance with 9 ladies in this, my first ever dance studio, my non-human baby.

“Is there a disappointment you have experienced in your life that stands out?” is the question is 12 days journal #247

2 comments:

  1. How have I been disappointed? Let me count the ways...

    All to say, fall down-getup-falldowngetup becomes one motion. With its inherent lessons. The latest trial re studio space--I'd be having a tantrum right about now, and then we dust off and keep moving. You've laid a lot of groundwork, that you will build on wherever it will be located or in another form.

    Whew, lots of love and luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so sorry to hear that! I think you will find a new, even better space without the added crap of a nasty landlord. I will send that energy out there for it. You can probably guess my answer to your question, though...my no-longer-existent marriage. Biggest disappointment of my life. I WILL make better choices in the future, though, so I guess all is not lost. LOL.

    ReplyDelete