December 12, 2009

Day 6 Twelve of Twelve- What Now?

“On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

six Geese A-laying“

I went to a show tonight. When the band was ready to go on for their second set I was the only one in the room,everyone else was outside talking and smoking, inspecting Winlaw's newest outdoor ice rink. The band joked they were going to put on a private show for me, my friend Ty laughed and said “Ya and then you better write about it in your blog”...and so I will.

PastedGraphic3.rNbI7MHcMwGC.jpg

The band is Brian Rosen and the What Now. I have mentioned them here on the blog before, I believe this is my 4th time seeing them, they just keep getting better and better. Their music is a little all over the place, I mean that in the good way. They do their original songs and some really cleverly arranged remakes, mostly Bob Marley the one I love best though is Paul Simon’s, Gumboots. They play a higher consciousness sound, with positive affirming lyrics, they are phenomenal to dance to, lots of groovy bass and sax. I went with my Goddess friend Jill, we danced from the beginning to the very end at which time every person in the room was on their feet. I have so enjoyed seeing these men commit themselves to their craft, their artistry, creating positive music that grows and informs. They are my brothers, playing music for me to dance my way to God. Thank you Ben, Ty, Rob, Jesse Lee, Brian, my Jilly Bean and everyone else who came out for a beautiful night of conscious dancing to conscious music. The world is waking up, one committed soul at a time.

So how can I make a reference to 6 Geese a laying? How about the band is 5 and I am 1, together we were flying in formation laying down some artful giving and receiving. But of course there were more than 6 of us there, it takes more than 6 geese to create the kind of connected ecstatic vibe we had going on down at Sleep is for Sissies, tonight.

“Do you believe you are living consciously or unconsciously?” is the question in 12 days journal # 244

1 comment:

  1. I'm living more consciously today than I ever have in my life. It is GOOD. I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

    ReplyDelete