December 29, 2009

Day 11 Gift of Presence- Co-created

From the outside Camp Maskepetoon may look like your standard Alberta Christian camp, but inside it is all Intention! Intention Alberta, which was birthed out of Tribal Harmonix Intention on the west coast, is now 3 years old.

I have been exposed to, and involved with co-creative endeavours before, I am familiar with many of the concepts. Even with all this experience I am still amazed at the event I walked into tonight. I won’t say it was well organized, to say this makes me imagine being greeted by a peppy hostess who tells us exactly how we will be taken care of during our time here. No it was more chaotic than this, kids running everywhere, activity in many corners of the room, decorating, food making, reconnecting, all treated as equally important work. The building was being transformed from a space reminiscent of the rustic summer camp lodge where I spent many of my summers into a sanctuary decked textiles and sacred items. This amazing space is our home for the next 5 days. There is no fearless leader who tells everyone what to do, but many fearless leaders taking turns to create a sanctum for 200 to set their intentions and transform their lives. Seems a hefty statement but I trust that it will soon seem an under statement.

PastedGraphic5.7sfLwuPy88s2.jpg
(This is a photo taken at Intention Alberta 2, isn’t it beautiful?)

“What have you helped to create?” is the question in 12 days journal #261

No comments:

Post a Comment