December 1, 2009

Day 7 Just Breathe- Children of God

It is hard for me to believe I am going to put a Martina McBride song on my blog, but I am.

My friend Ruthie sent this to me, three times I think. Ruthie is one of those life time kinda friends. We could not speak for years and I know I would be welcomed, no questions asked, into open arms if I needed her. Our spiritual paths are seemingly opposing, our politics very different, we live in completely different communities, in most every way we do things differently from one another...And none of this matters, she is a sister, and a friend for life.

And so for you Ruthie here is Martina McBride’s, Anyway, the song you have dedicated to me, have sent to inspire me. I know it took you three times to get it through my head, and thank you for your persistence. I love you with all my heart. Most of all I want you to know am so very inspired by your commitment to God, your faith and your trust. As always I believe any difference in how we see God is purely semantical and culturally influenced. That we are both children of the same loving, accepting God...but you knew that already didn’t you?



“Do you remember a time when you were grateful for a friends support?“ is the question in 12 days journal #233

4 comments:

  1. I lost my dream job today. I became upset. Suddenly everything that was inside was now pouring down my face. I was actually quite devastated. I thought of myself as worthless and a friend called at the perfect time. She used compassionate communication to hear me. I was soothed by the comfort of the feelings and needs. I'm still sad and disappointed but I no longer 'feel' worthless. I'm grateful that she was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that I should apologize - I really was not cognitive of repeatedly sending you this song! I guess its just one of those encouraging songs that I like ... and makes me think of my friends like you ... who pursue their dreams and hearts and actually see it materialize. ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ALWAYS grateful for the support of my friends. I can't even pinpoint one particular moment or circumstance. They are always there for me when I need them. They may be few in number, but they rarely, if ever, let me down. Gotta go back to another Beatles song: I get by with a little help from my friend. I'd be lost without them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure am grateful that you posted this song on your blog. I feel grateful for the people and friends in my life all the time.

    ReplyDelete