December 16, 2009

Day 10 Twelve of Twelve- Dancing Men

“On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

Ten Lords A-leaping“

To California I go! I seriously considered not going again this month. I know I am getting better, partially this is due to taking better care of myself, letting go of my tendency to keep pushing my limits. There have been lots of lessons in this mystery illness of mine. Going to school means a lot of travel, driving, bright lights and big city, all things I find overwhelming right now. I am going anyway. This course means so much to me, the teachings and support I receive at Tamalpa fill my mind and heart. I miss Marin too, it is like a second home, with lots of family. So in order to take care of my needs I am going to pace myself, I don’t think I will attend all of my classes. I am finally really learning to take care of myself, this period of not having my health has been my teacher... so many lessons.
PastedGraphic1.FJBjmr2GARBV.jpg​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​PastedGraphic.Auqf19k71QZF.jpg
PastedGraphic2.UtyVVOWbdMq2.jpg

When I get off this plane I might stop in the the East Bay Ecstatic Dance in downtown Oakland, see if I can find some friends to cuddle and dance with. I am sure there will be more than 10 lords a leaping in that room. Ahhh.... dancing men, how I love them so. There are so many beautiful lords, beautiful men who are coming out and dancing their prayers, I love this. Dancing has not always been a safe activity for men in my culture, I am ecstatic that this has changed. So to my dancing and music playing brothers, I honour you, love you, stand in awe of your courage to groove it up and express yourselves through music and movement. Leap you Lords leap!

“What is one of the greatest lessons you have learned in this lifetime?” is the question in 12 days journal #248

2 comments:

  1. "the greatest thing I've ever learned is to love and be loved in return"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned so many great lessons, I'm not sure which one to list here. One, I suppose, would be to never settle for less than you deserve. Compromise is one thing, but "settling" is quite another. Settling is never worth the price you pay for it.

    ReplyDelete