January 7, 2010

Day 8 Resolution- Poly 101

I had a long talk with my mother in law today, mostly about being polyamorous. She was here over the holidays, we didn’t really connect well. I am pretty deep into my own work right now and there are definite issues with her understanding mine and Chris’ choices, this created distance. She said during our conversation tonight that she “didn’t agree with our choice” but that she had no right to judge and supported us. It is a start.

I was going to write you out a long post about being polyamorous, do some more explaining, educating....but I decided I am actually not going to. I am tired, super overwhelmed with my work load, and don’t think I could do the topic much justice right now. So here is a LINK to an online article called Polyamory 101. While I don’t agree with everything Franklin Veaux says this FAQ style article is informative and easy to read, a great starting point for people to understand this not so new relationship/family choice.

PastedGraphic1.zwqTInOwN7yd.jpg
(A little funny I found on the net)

“Is there something about you which you family finds hard to accept?” is the question in 12 days journal #270

1 comment:

  1. Right now, neither one of my parents can accept that I don't want to spend every moment of every day with them, or on the phone with them. I'm trying to put some emotional distance in there and reestablish some much-needed boundaries and it is not going over well, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete