January 17, 2010

Day 6 Meditation- Secrets

I got this from PostSecrets...one of the inspirations for this blog and project.

“May God bless you with discomfort
At easy answers, half-truths and superficial relationships
So that you may live deep within your heart

May God bless you with anger
At injustice, oppression and exploitation of people
So that you may work for justice, freedom and peace

May God bless you with tears
To shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger and war
So that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and
To turn their pain into joy

May God bless you with foolishness
To believe that you can make a difference in the world
So that you can do what others claim cannot be done
To bring justice and kindness to all our children and the poor”

PastedGraphic3.sZzIIdH8oq5R.jpg
(One of this weeks post Secrets which I find so curious...man would I like to know the story behind this one!!)

If you have never been to Post Secrets, go read. Or better yet go to the library and read the books, they are amazing. The thing that strikes me when I read peoples secrets is how much pain is caused by hiding, that what is hidden seems to become less and less where the pain comes from and the hiding becomes the destructive force.... that is how I see it anyway.

“Are there things that you hide about yourself?” is the question in 12 days journal #280

1 comment:

  1. Lately I've been hiding my political views. Those who view things differently than I do have been particularly hateful lately and I am not willing to open myself up to that. Cowardly, I know, but I'm in self-protection mode.

    ReplyDelete