February 10, 2010

Day 6 Decision Time- Mythical Mask Making

Michael and I are doing a leather mask making workshop. Michael's is mostly complete. His is the one that looks like a mythical coyote. It looks amazing in person.

photo.XLDs1suNEPbO.jpg

Mine is more ambiguous, I purposely didn’t choose a theme, archetype or animal, I just let the mask emerge. I believe it is a butterfly phoenix sadness mask...I have created my own archetype. It still needs to be stained, the colour really adds to the finished look of the mask.

We took the workshop from Hejon, the father of the MythMakers . If you ever get a chance to go see this travelling mythical circus go! They are a sight to see, like fairy world meets the Orc’s from Lord Of The Rings

“What archetype do you relate to?” is the question in 12 days journal #304

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, another good question. I remember studying Jung's archetypes in particular in college, but I don't remember any one of them really resonating with me in any way. If the Wounded Healer thing counts as an archetype, then I think that one would most closely reflect me.

    ReplyDelete