February 26, 2010

Day 10 Photo Op- Motel 6

Jill and I left Esalen in a storm today. Driving rain, boulders on the road, and our hearts filled with so much to take home and process. I found many answers, the work now it to decipher these answers.

This stretch of coast where we spent the last 7 days was once owned by the empire of William Randolph Hearst, a man wealthy beyond measure. He built a castle with his fortune, one that he worked ceaselessly on, dyeing before it was fully finished. This beautiful land inspired this man to build his dream. With endless resources he produced a real live European style castle filled with magic. This land has inspired much magic. Some call it a “power spot”, just like Nelson. I have spent time with my family here, I have met so many life long friends here, friendships where the connection ran deep within the first hour of meeting. I have sat at the feet of my teachers here, and have benefited from the teachings of many who never even knew they were my teachers. This day I drove away with a sister who is relatively new in my life,one who is now deeply embedded in my heart. This land is home to amazing spots like Esalen, artist enclave and hot bed of the human potential movement. It was a breeding ground for the revolutionary ideas of visionaries like Aldous Huxley, Abraham Maslow, Fritz Perls, Carl Rogers, Timothy Leary, naming just the tip of the iceberg. The Esselen people of the first nations lived here long before either the Hearst's or the founders of Esalen, they considered this land to be holy. Jill has her own personal history with Big Sur, the “town” which is not really a town but a littering of shops and amenities along the highways. The connections run deep for the both of us.

We had big plans, a bunch of big plans. Drive to San Fransisco, go dancing, stay up all night, maybe drop by our place in Santa Cruz where Dariel lives, maybe go to the market in the morning. As it turns out we made it to the Motel 6 in Gilroy, a town barely 60 miles away from Esalen. We modified the plan, decided to repack our bags then hit the town. We never left the room, our car stayed in the loading zone all night long. In case you are getting the impression that we fell asleep here is a picture out our window at nearly 6 in the morning.

After crying, laughing, processing, loving, and bonding all night long we finally fell asleep only because we were worried we wouldn’t make our plane in the morning if we didn’t. She is my sister, a fellow Goddess. She has so much to teach me and I am blessed to have her in my life. Thank you Jilly Bean, for this perfect night. I can think of nothing I would have rather done upon my exit from the magical land of Esalen, the Hearst Castle, Big Sur and the Esselen people, than spend it in a Motel 6 with you.

photo.0DCExIJVUOfi.jpg

“Where have you travelled?” is the question in 12 days journal #320

No comments:

Post a Comment