May 12, 2009

Day 8 New Friend- Desperation

I must be putting off a desperate vibe. You know, that vibe you get when a good friend joins Agel or Melaleuca or Amway or whatever multi-level marketing craze is swooping down turning completely logical adults into lemmings? That vibe that has you avoiding them at all cost, because when you see them, all they want to talk about is how “EXCITED!” they are about this “Great new opportunity that has the power to change lives!!!!!”. Their face cast with a manic smile which screams, “I must make back some of the cash I dumped into this sinking ship!”. Well right now I am vibing, I NEED a stranger and bad! I am at the coffee shop trolling. I smile make eye contact and they go the opposite direction. Usually when I am here doing work I have to wear headphones and hunker so close to my computer that I am likely radiating my brain, just to get some peace. Often times this doesn’t even work, I will be interrupted countless times a day by friends and strangers alike looking for conversation. But not today, today as I sit all perky and ready to talk, I am ignored. What is this all about? What happened to manifestation? Perhaps Tuesday is grouch rules day for manifestation, I must have missed the email. The music has now been turned up loud, the plants are being watered. I am admitting defeat, it is just not going to happen.....not here. I must go vote anyway. Perhaps I will meet a stranger at the polls.

I got about 3 feet beyond the front door and met a travelling stranger. The saying, “All who wander are not lost”, came to mind. This soul looked a little lost, not in the never to be seen again way, but definitely on a journey of the soul. I let him know the coffee shop was not open, he inquired about where else in town to go. I directed him to the Coco Nut lounge, the only place in town that stays open late. And then I seized the moment. Just before he turned to walk away I asked him if he would do me a favour. I briefly explained that I needed to have a conversation with a stranger today as part of an experiment. I got today's journal out of my basket and asked him if he would take it, I told him he was my ”last hope“. He thoughtfully flipped the pages, eyed the book and said softly and with a just palpable hint of pain ”Thanks, perhaps this will bring mine back“. Apparently manifestation is also on for Tuesdays; looks like I just needed to be patient because someone needed the journal more than I needed an easy stranger.

If you are the travelling soul who I gave the journal to today I need to ask a favour. I usually write in the inside front cover where the journal was released and the date. Could you do this for me if you read this before passing it along? Thank you....and thank you for being my stranger for today. My wish for you is that you find the ”hope“ you have lost.

I am now off to vote for who will lead my province for up to the next 5 years. I am choosing someone who will not sell our rivers, our life blood. In honour of the Provincial elections the question, ”In what way are you the change you want to see in the world?“ is written in 12 days journal # 29.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm not sure I am the change I want to see in the world. Sometimes I'm not sure who I am or what I'm about. This past year and a half has been an incredible year filled with joy, sadness, pain and anger. There have been so many changes in my life that I often seem to be confused as to my identity. Every day I work to be more in touch with my feelings and emotions. I tell my wife and children that I love them everyday. I tell myself that I am important and have a place in this world. I guess that's how I'm being the change. I am valuing myself and my experience...I'm putting on my oxygen mask first, then helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey "magdelene"
    Wow, I'm really impressed with your experiment!
    cool idea all round.
    I'll meditate on your questions...

    Chris:
    I love ya brother. keep smiling.
    "power to the peaceful" comes to mind.
    that mantra fits you beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny, it reminds me of the whatchamacallit, Univera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure how to answer that question until I read Chris' answer and this jumped out at me: I'm putting on my oxygen mask first, then helping others.

    I'm really, truly, FINALLY "getting" what that means, and how I need to make that happen in my own life. The better care I take of myself, the better care I take of others. It's a win-win situation...everyone is better off, not just me.

    ReplyDelete