November 1, 2009

Latest Commitment! Preparing the Temenos

I have a house to unpack and a studio to renovate, and I am going in sick. UGH. Time to prioritize. I commit to working on either my home or my new “home away from home” everyday for the next 12 days. I commit to mostly unpacking my home and painting the studio, though there is always plenty of laundry which has to be done and a beautiful glossy finish to put on the dance floor. I commit to nurturing and preparing with reverence the spaces where I spend my days, and create the alchemy of my life.

“Temenos, from the Greek verb "to cut" is a piece of land cut off and assigned as an official domain, or a piece of land marked off from common uses and dedicated to a god, a sanctuary, holy grove or holy precinct. In religious discourse in English, Temenos has also come to refer to a territory, plane, receptacle or field of deity or divinity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment