August 9, 2009

Latest Commitment! Just Dancing!

I love to dance. I am sure most of you who follow this blog know this. It is a huge component of my life's work. I never managed to dance professionally, something that made my heart sad for a long while. Then I realized the short-sightedness of this idea of what “dancing professionally” meant. I have funnelled my love of dance away from the stage, and onto the dance floor, the therapy office, the group meditation, the pursuit of a career in Movement Based Expressive Arts Therapy.

Dancing is a key element in my chosen life’s work. Some of this work will pay off financially, this I trust. The other part of the work though, is the kind that pays in abundance, growth, and much gain which can not be tallied or accounted for with money. And so in honour of this I will dance everyday for the next 12 days.

I commit to dancing every day for 12 days. To noticing what it is I love about dancing, to be curious about where my mind goes while in movement, where the experience takes me, and using this experience to write the daily blog and question for the daily 12 days journal.

This one is going to be fun!

3 comments:

  1. Well it's about damn time you had some fun. Being all stoic and shit. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say...if you guys interact even half as well as you do on this blog, you have a pretty wonderful and amazing relationship! I love your rapport!

    ReplyDelete