August 6, 2009

Day 10 Creative Words- Being

Michael and I set out this morning for Shambala to teach a workshop, and to have some fun.

Shambala is a electronic music festival which draws 10,000 people to a wooded fairyland site near Nelson, British Columbia, Canada every August. There are 5 Stages that pump out music 18 hours a day, from 12:00 noon until 6:00 am. Each stage is multi story, elaborately decorated and not something I could have even conceive of existing inside a forest setting until I saw them with my own eyes. There is a river which meanders through the festival grounds and provided much needed bathing for hot, sweaty festivals go-ers who dance and invibe until they leave exhausted, toxified and open in ways they likely would not have expected. There is much opportunity for creative expression, costumes, personal shtick, camp decoration are but a few ways to establish how you are going to contribute to the Shambala atmosphere.

The following piece of writing was put into Michael's hand by a tall man wearing a wizard get up, he had a long cape, a staff and a hat (I think). Michael read it aloud to me over the thumping music.

Being

I am inspired
Summoned to this moment
To stand and grant you
A piece of my soul

Yet you are Choice
Your reality is taking form
As each of these words
Fall upon your lips

For you have called to me
And I have answered
Manifested by your desire
You have chosen me

It has been said
We share more than you know
Love given is Love within
As you and I are One

Simply reflections
This Love is your Love
Accept me whenever
I am with you
-unknown wizard

Do you believe life is a manifestation of your own choices, thoughts and beliefs?
is the question in 12 days journal #115

1 comment:

  1. Yes and no. Life is full of choices, and we bear the consequences of those choices. However, I do still think that things happen to people that are entirely random, some of them good, some not so good, and there isn't anything we can do about those things except count them as learning experiences or just "one of those things."

    ReplyDelete