August 25, 2009

Day 5 Time Off- Burning

What is to give light must endure burning.
-Viktor E. Frankl


and then some!!!

If anyone would have told me it would have been this hard, I may never have come out. I suppose then it is a good thing I didn’t know.

I was given a few question suggestions by my friend Nelson, who publishes the Nelson Express, the one that seems most pertinent to today's quote and my state of mind is:

“Do you feel you can effect positive change?” is the question in 12 days journal #134

2 comments:

  1. I don't know it for a certainty. I can only hope that I can. I know I can do it for myself, as I already have, but whether or not I can do it for others, well, that remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we always knew what the results to our actions would be the urge to act would be even more of a challenge. Most of us would not choose pain. I think about giving birth. If we really knew the pain and exhaustion involved we may choose not to have kids. Luckily for us, our minds have a fantastic way of being gentle with us and after our painful experiences have passed so too does the immediate memory of our unpleasant experiences. They become less raw. Most times the results, in the long run are so worth the climb of getting there. Keep your head up and your feet moving forward like you always do!!

    ReplyDelete