August 22, 2009

Day 2 Time Off- Clear as...

“Have you ever kept a secret and wished you didn’t?” is the question in 12 day journal #131

We went out tonight to the market Chris, Michael, Rosy, Lily and I. I held hands with both of these beautiful men as I strolled round with my family, all of them, no one hidden away. When we got home Michael, Chris and I were sitting in the kitchen talking about transparency. Chris and I were reminiscing about a friendship which was lost when we lived in Pemberton, one that was lost both partly because of transparency and partly lost because of the lack of it. Me not telling my truth meant people could only assume what had gone on, these assumptions ended other friendships. No more hiding for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still keeping the secret from my kids as to why they haven't been able to see their grandfather and I wish with all my heart that I didn't need to keep this secret. My daughter's birthday is coming up at the beginning of November and I don't know what I will tell her if he can't be here for her birthday. :-(

    ReplyDelete