August 14, 2009

Day 6 Jus Dance- Blue Birthday

Yesterday was Lord Krishna’s birthday. We went over for cake; danced and sung past midnight when the days fast was finally broken, and then we feasted! I attended this event with my good friend KD. A raging goddess, rocking the Hari Krishna world with love, compassion and an invitation for open eyes.

Dancing, singing, and feasting with Lord Krishna and KD was a wonderful way to complete today's commitment.

“How would you describe your spiritual belifs?” is the question in 12 days journal #123

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how KD's dance went, in front of her community.

    I don't know how to describe my spiritual beliefs. They are rather eclectic. I hesitate to call them "pagan" because people have automatic assumptions about what that means that simply don't apply to my beliefs. I used to lean quite a bit toward Native American philosophies but have since found them to no longer resonate much with me, just certain aspects of it but not nearly as many as they used to. The philosophies behind the practice of yoga are a part of my belief system, especially the mind-body connection and how the breath and breathing is involved in that. I don't really believe in god, or a god, but I do believe in a sort of divine that is within all of us but not tapped into by most. I believe in energy, and how it connects with the divine and the breath and how things change and shift by our use (or non-use) of energy.

    ReplyDelete