July 4, 2009

Latest Commitment! Swimming in Natural Bodies of Water

Ok it is time again for a new commitment. I can feel that it is time for a commitment which is easy and fun, not a lot of work. Something soothing for my soul and body.

One of my all time favourite summer activities is swimming, in lakes, oceans, and especially rivers. I grew up on a river. Riding the currents and rapids of natures water-slide represented freedom, self reliance, and was often an escape from some of the not-so-nice parts of my life growing up. I travel with a bathing suit clipped inside the passenger side of my car where it can dry, this way I am always prepared for a swim. The best swimming though is done when I can leave the suit in the car. I adore swimming naked.

I will swim in a natural body of water everyday for the next 12 days. I am travelling to the coast with my dear friend Michael, through the southern part of majestic British Columbia. There are literally hundreds of rivers and lakes along the way, and eventually an ocean to welcome us upon our arrival. I will swim in each during this commitment. It is my goal to take lots of photos and share them with you. Admittedly this is partly because I also plan to take a break from longer entries for this 12 day commitment, a bit of a 12 day vacation from the 12 day project. So you may often get photo’s in lieu of words.

I invite you to join me in this commitment and whenever possible...SWIM NAKED!

2 comments:

  1. I am the world's shittiest swimmer, B, and that's no exaggeration. LOL. But I will swim with you in spirit and through this blog, and who knows? Maybe you will inspire me and I'll find some type of "swimming" that is more for me than natural bodies of water...?

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your break and I look forward to the photos ... I, on the other hand, am pressing into my 'project' that you inspired! :) Happy swimming!

    ReplyDelete