September 19, 2009

Day 6 Pleasure Revolution- Simple Pleasures 1

I had the pleasure of being met at the airport by Michael. He picked me up as part of a surprise for Lily’s Birthday.

We have a tradition in our family. The whole family comes into the birthday girls (or boy) room in the morning and sings our family birthday song;

“In heaven shines a golden star,
an angel sent you from afar.
From heaven high, unto the earth,
and brought you to your place of birth.
oh welcome welcome lovely day,
with sunshine bright and flowers gay.
With painted birds that sing their song.
That made you kind and good and strong!”

Lily’s Birthday is on the 20th of September, she believes she is coming to the airport tomorrow to pick me up. And while she is happy I have cancelled part of my trip in California to be with her on her birthday, I have a feeling she is still sad that our little morning ritual will not happen...or so she thinks.

Michael picked me up at the Spokane airport this afternoon, we picked up a few necessities and are heading up over the border to go hide in the campground where Chris, Kelly and the girls are staying tonight. In the morning I will sneak into the camper, appearing out of thin air, and sing her our family birthday song. A simple pleasure to surprise someone I love just by being present.

Until then I will enjoy another simple pleasure. We are going to pull over into a private spot just off the highway, and enjoy each others company after being apart for a week. We will each drink a beer which we just purchased at the grocery store, and then perhaps do a little snuggling...ahhh......simple pleasures.

“What are the simple pleasures of life?” is the question in 12 days journal #159

No comments:

Post a Comment