April 7, 2010

Day 2 Easy- Om Tara

“Sometimes Love wants to reach out and manhandle me, break all my coffee shop talk of God.

If I had the courage to give God his way, some nights he would drag me round the room by my hair. Ripping from my grip all those gadgets of the world that bring me no real Joy.

Love sometimes gets tired of reflective listening and instead wants to rip to shreds all my misguided ideas of truth. These ideas that make me fight within myself, and with those I love. Causing the World to weep on too many wondrous days.

God wants to Manhandle me, lock us in a tiny room together and practice his drop-kick! Wants to do me the great favour of holding me by the pant legs to shake all the nonsense out.

And when I hear that he is in such a “playful drunken mood”, I quickly pack my bags, ready to hightail it out of town.

Hafiz...with a little help from Bernice.
(say it out loud it kinda rhymes)

Thank you to Neil who delivered this poem to me today. Today was a magical glorious day...perfect

“How do you show yourself empathy?“ is the question in 12 days journal #360

PastedGraphic.qx8iwFEWiCEr.jpg
(I added a picture of a puffin, they are my new favourite bird)

2 comments:

  1. Lately, showing myself empathy has involved giving myself the time and space to full experience the negative emotions connected to things I am working on healing from. Allowing myself time and space to heal, understanding how much I need it and how important it is to my Selfhood and my life and my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete