December 25, 2010

Feliz Navidad!

This is my second Christmas below the tropic of Cancer. Both times I had a white Christmas but it was white sand rather than snow. The first was 16 years ago. Ayla was tucked warm and snug inside my belly, I was completely oblivious to her existence at the time. I celebrated the holidays with her biological father Tobias. I remember being home sick. This time around I did not miss home in the least.

Chris’ father died on Christmas Eve 4 years ago. Since then the holidays have been a struggle. The sadness mixes with Yule time stress and leaves little room for celebration and good cheer. This year I believe we broke the spell. It was an amazing Christmas. Here are a few of the highlights.

This year we awoke to find presents under the Christmas Piniata!
PC060608.nhMaX2BbCUaj.jpg

“Rudolpo the Deer” as he was called in the Hotel Activity Program, was there with a lot of energy considering his late night.
PC060653.wVdwB3JJZjcy.jpg

Yes you are seeing this correctly... that is Santa Clause parasailing in... I wonder if his sleigh was in for repairs?
PC060661.Rrdmm2IOjGn4.jpg

And when he arrived there were presents for all the kids... even the naughty ones!
PC060681.Ka4F6FMOi7kF.jpg

And no Christmas dinner is complete without entertainment... yes that is Elvis you see in the background, can you see the dreamy look in my eyes? He even came into the crowd and gave me a scarf... I quiver just thinking about it :oP

PC070704.gYKaa1dEr9Lq.jpg

It was a rather unorthodox Christmas and it was so perfect <3

This is just a smattering of the photos from our White Sand Christmas... If you want to see more pictures click here and it will take you to the 12 days 2 inspire facebook group, from there just click on "Photos".

"How do you move on after experiencing a loss in your life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment